Consistent with the mission of Legacy Heritage Fund to support Jewish education, the Legacy Heritage Emergency Fund for Jewish Education enables day schools to assist families committed to Jewish education to keep their children in schools despite significant financial difficulties due to the current economic environment.
Schools that apply to the Legacy Heritage Emergency Fund for Jewish Education met the following criteria:
- School is located in small or medium sized Jewish community with a Jewish population of 20,000 or less.
- School has any combination of grades 6-12.
- Families in need of financial aid have experienced a significant change in employment status, e.g., one or both parents have lost jobs or were significantly downgraded.
- Families have expressed the need to withdraw from the school due to inability to pay tuition for the coming school year.
- Families must have a documented need for assistance, e.g., they are receiving financial aid from the school already.
Funds were provided to schools, not families or individuals. Schools receiving funds are responsible for submitting appropriate confidential documentation regarding the distribution of funds and the families receiving assistance.
At this time, Legacy Heritage Fund is not accepting new applications for funding.