Legacy Heritage Fund has completed two rounds of SMARTBoard Grants as a part of its SMARTBoard Project. Legacy Heritage Fund partnered with Jewish day and supplemental schools to make SMARTBoards available to their students.
- SMARTBoards are whiteboards that have touch sensitive screens and are interactive tools that invite student participation in the learning process.
- Participating schools will received one or more SMARTBoards and staff training to achieve proficiency in the use of the equipment.
Why SMART Boards?
- SMART Board Technology brings the power of a new dynamic educational tool to the classroom.
- SMART Boards positively affect learning by helping to raise the level of student engagement, motivation and enthusiasm within the classroom.
- The SMART Board Jewish Educational Database, which was developed by Legacy Heritage Fund through this initiative, enables knowledge sharing throughout the world of Jewish education and offers educators ready-made SMART Board lessons searchable in a variety of topic areas and grades.
Legacy Heritage Fund is excited about partnering with Jewish schools throughout the United States and hopes that this project will facilitate the use of technology to advance Jewish education.